There are many beauty spots and attractions Exmoor has to offer, here are a few of our favourite you might like to visit during your stay.
1. The medieval village of Dunster
Just 5 miles away is the famous village of Dunster, with it's iconic yarn market and castle, it's a lovely place to visit. Try lunch at Tessa's tea rooms or for something extra special; Reeves Restaurant.
2. Dip your toes in the sea at Dunster Beach (pebble) Minehead beach (sandy) or bath in the crystal clear water at Lee Bay (a 30 minute scenic drive along the coast road to Lynmouth and beyond, through the valley of the rocks).
3. Take a stroll along the River Barle at Tarr Steps. There is a beautiful circular walk up then down the river of about 3 miles. Don't forget to get an ice cream afterwards! Try lunch or dinner at Tarr Farm Inn for delicious locally sourced food.
4. Get active with Exmoor Adventures! Hire an e-bike and explore some of the woodland trails around Horner and Webber post. They also run paddle board and canoe sessions from Porlock Weir.
5. Rainy day activity with the kids? Visit Doniford Farm Park for soft play and fury friends. Further afield a great day out is Quince Honey Farm, at South Molton. Closer to home is the West Somerset Railway, offering trips to Bishops Lydeard by steam.